- 1 How to choose your WordPress photography theme
- 2 Как все начиналось
- 3 Definitions
- 4 What’s included in all item purchases
- 5 Ресерч и разработка стратегии
- 6 What’s included in item support
- 6.1 The item support period
- 6.2 Answering questions about how to use the item
- 6.3 Answering technical questions about the item (and included third party assets)
- 6.4 Help with defects in the item or included third party assets
- 6.5 Item updates to ensure ongoing compatibility and to resolve security vulnerabilities
- 7 Resolving disputes — asking Envato to help
- 8 What’s not included in item support
- 9 WordPress e-commerce themes. Which one will you choose?
- 10 Becoming an author
- 11 Special arrangements
- 12 Good resources to make the most of your WordPress blog
- 13 Legal housekeeping
- 14 Personal information
- 15 Let’s get down to business
How to choose your WordPress photography theme
You put a lot of effort into capturing beautiful, powerful photographs, and you want to share them with the world in a way that presents them at their very best. And while the first part is all up to you and your lens-and-shutter skills, fortunately there’s not too much effort required for that second part! The WordPress photography themes on this page are set up to make it easy for you to create a site with all the features you need, like galleries, portfolios, full-screen images, blog layouts and more.
>So here’s a breakdown of our collection to help you figure out which kind of theme will be the best for you, your business and the kind of brand identity you want to communicate to your audience.
Our WordPress photography themes
These are some of the main features you can find in our collection of themes. Some themes will have multiple features, while others focus more narrowly. Whatever you end up choosing, keep in mind that all our themes are not only created by talented designers and developers, but they are also carefully hand-reviewed by our staff before they’re available for sale on ThemeForest. So you can rest assured-high quality is a given here!
- Portfolio themes. This is one of the more common uses for a photography theme-to show off your portfolio. The portfolio themes are designed to put your images front and center, and to allow visitors to navigate them easily. Often they’ll use image galleries, sliders and other features to display the images in the best possible light.
- Fullscreen themes. There’s no better way to display your images than to have them take up the whole screen. They have instant impact, and your visitors can see all those beautiful details that you worked so hard to capture. So it’s not surprising that fullscreen photography WordPress themes are a popular choice for photographers. Browse through the list and check out some of the demos to get an idea of how fantastic they’ll look with your photos.
- Responsive themes. It’s important for your site to look amazing on any device. These days, a large proportion of your visitors will be using a phone or tablet. So choose a responsive theme to be sure that your photos will adjust perfectly for viewing on any type of device, and users will be able to see the whole picture straight away without having to resize them.
- Creative themes. Your work is extremely creative, and if that’s what you really want to highlight we recommend you choose one of our creative themes. You’ll find themes featuring some of the latest trends in design that will help you wow your visitors with your site as well as your images.
Как все начиналось
Как я рассказывал в своих предыдущих публикациях, уже несколько лет моя небольшая студия занимается диджитал продакшеном: разработкой web сайтов и мобильных приложений. А разработкой шаблонов мы занялись по рекомендации моего товарища. Однажды он сказал, что это отличный дополнительный заработок для небольшой студии, и, мол, усилий требуется совсем немного для этого. Идея иметь дополнительный заработок, используя ресурс студии, который не загружен по текущим проектам, мне понравилась. Но тогда я еще даже не представлял какое количество времени мы потратим до того момента, как в продаже на Themeforest.net появится наш первый шаблон. Нам для старта продаж понадобилось более полутора лет. Однако, это случай частный и не стоит на него ориентироваться. Я знаю примеры и более стремительного успеха. Но хочу более детально рассказать, почему мы так долго к этому шли и с какими трудностями столкнулись в процессе.
a member who makes items available for sale on Envato Market.
- Author fee
is what you are charged by Envato for use of our platform and services as an author.
- Buyer fee:
the fee for the services buyers get from Envato like 24/7 buyer support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related buyers services.
- Item price:
the price a buyer pays for an item as detailed in .
- Item support:
the support provided by you to buyers of items you choose to support, as detailed in the item support policy.
- EU Member State
means the countries listed here: https://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/index_en.htm
- List price
is the price you see on an item page on Envato Market and is made up of the item price and buyer fee.
What’s included in all item purchases
Updates to ensure the item works as described and is protected against major security concerns
All items on Envato Market should work as described by the author (in the preview, screenshots, item description, etc) and be protected from major security issues. Security issues are assessed by the impact they have on the buyer and their users. Examples of major security issues are site administration takeover, the ability to use the site against other sites, and breaches of private data.
In the instance that there is something wrong with the item and you are expecting an update; depending on the type of update, it can take several days/weeks to properly fix, test, review and release.
Included version updates for all items
In addition to updating an item to keep it working as described or to fix major security issues, authors of all items may from time to time and at their discretion, provide other updates to improve or modify the functionality of an item or fix other minor issues. Generally authors of supported items will provide these type of updates more frequently to keep their items up to date for sale. In all instances, the new version of the item will automatically be made available to previous buyers through the Downloads page.
Ресерч и разработка стратегии
Как и положено, начав новый проект, мы приступили к ресерчу. Изучили все категории Themeforest.net. На тот момент категория Entertainment и подкатегория Restaurant & Cafe показалась нам самой привлекательной. Относительно небольшая конкуренция с достаточно большим количеством продаж.
Что касалось самого продукта, то мы ориентировались на WordPress темы, поскольку заработок на WordPress шаблонах намного больше нежели на HTML и тем более PSD. Поэтому мы решили сразу сконцентрировать свои усилия на разработке WP шаблона, а не делать макет сайта в Photoshop, хоть это один из необходимых процессов при создании сайта. Также мы не пытались заливать HTML шаблон, при том, что верстка также один из этапов. Хотя множество ресурсов говорило о том, что заэпрувленный PSD шаблон это зеленый свет на разработку HTML, поскольку снимается вопрос дизайна, а уже после верстки приступать к разработке WordPress шаблона. Мы все равно были настроены начинать продажу своих шаблонов сразу с вордпресса. Тем более по нашим данным, которые мы черпали из разнообразных блогов о разработке шаблонов, категория PSD шаблонов имеет более жесткую модерацию. Модераторы в этой категории повышают эстетические требования к качеству шаблонов практически ежедневно.
Если вы все-таки решитесь заливать шаблон в эту категорию, то ищите вдохновение на этих ресурсах:
Мы начали рисовать шаблон для ресторанов, кафе и баров. Процесс выглядел следующим образом: мы определились с количеством блоков необходимых для данного типа шаблонов, с количеством вариаций для каждого конкретного блока.
На наш взгляд этого должно было хватить для эпрува. Позже мы планировали развивать тему и дорисовывать новые и новые страницы. Дизайн мы нарисовали достаточно быстро, за три-четыре недели. Над проектом работал один дизайнер, а сам проект мы делали в фоновом режиме, поскольку основная деятельность всегда оставалась в приоритете. После этого мы приступили к верстке, это заняло при тех же трудозатратах (один исполнитель) также три-четыре недели. Далее более сложный и трудоемкий процесс – проработка WordPress. Опять-таки один разработчик, только на этот раз back-end, в свободное от основной работы время справился с задачей за два-три месяца.
Настало время для релиза. Мы подготовили все файлы согласно требованиям envato, как минимум мы считали, что подготовили все правильно. Обычно ревью происходит приблизительно 5-8 дней. Зачастую это так и есть, но в нашей практике были случаи, когда проверка проходила более двух недель.
Теперь от нас ничего независело, нужно было пройти модерацию. Как оказалось это достаточно сложно, особенно для новичков. Ниже приведен алгоритм процесса рассмотрения шаблонов модераторами Themeforest.
Мы получили Hard Rejection.
По нашему опыту причины хард реджектов могут быть следующими:
Ваш шаблон не соответствует минимальным эстетическим требованиям маркетплейса или не является уникальным (для шаблонов категории PSD, HTML, WordPress) Проблемы с дизайном разного характера (для шаблонов категории PSD, HTML, WordPress): Неравномерные отступы Не совершенная типографика
Это достаточно частая проблема, на которую всегда обращают внимание модераторы. Внимание к деталям – это основной принцип при создании PSD шаблона. Прочее
Отсутствие документации или документация несоответствующего качества
Можно делать документацию вручную, но лучше использовать сторонние сервисы, такие как documenter
Проблемы с кодом. Это очень обширная часть, я расскажу те моменты, которые возникли с нашим шаблоном. Но в любом случае для проверки кода необходимо использовать валидаторы:Валидатор HTML Валидатор CSS
Валидатор WordPress Theme
Использование нелицензированного контента. Лучше всего пользоваться бесплатными стоками, но их необходимо перечислить в описании шаблона и в документации. Unsplash Designerspics Picjumbo и другие
Использование неоптимизированных картинок. Компрессо изображений
What’s included in item support
The item support period
A supported item includes item support for 6 months from the purchase date. During those 6 months, the author is expected to be available to provide the item support services we’ve set out on this page. Response times by authors can vary depending on the volume of inquiries, the nature of the request, and whether questions have already been answered or support has already been provided (see ‘fair-use’ later on).
If you’re about to purchase the item, you’ll have the option to purchase extended item support, increasing the item support period up to a maximum of 12 months from the date of purchase.
Answering questions about how to use the item
During the item support period, the author is expected to be available to answer your general questions about the item and how to use it. For example, how do I get my homepage to look like the one in the preview? The response to this type of question can come in various formats including directing you to an already documented response (e.g. in the comments or FAQs).
Answering technical questions about the item (and included third party assets)
During the item support period the author is expected to be available to:
- Answer your specific questions about the features and functionality of the item
- Provide some guidance on the way the item is designed
- Help you with issues related to using the item and getting the most value out of its functionality.
- Answer questions about third party assets or functionality (e.g. plug-ins) bundled with the item, such as how they work and other technical questions.
Help with defects in the item or included third party assets
During the item support period, you can report and discuss bugs and minor item defects with the author, and authors are expected to be available to assist you with reported bugs. If appropriate, authors may issue bug fixes directly to you as part of item support. (If an author decides to address a bug fix through a general version update, that update will be available to all buyers.)
A supported item may include third party functionality or items from other authors such as plugins, image sliders or contact forms. During the item support period, the author is expected to be available to assist with questions about third party assets, and to either help you to address particular issues with the third party asset or direct you to where you can find the solution.
Item updates to ensure ongoing compatibility and to resolve security vulnerabilities
If a supported item includes a third party asset (e.g., a plugin), or is intended to work with third party software or platforms (e.g. a CMS), authors are expected to ensure the item remains compatible if the software or platform version is updated. This includes if the third party asset has a security update. Item updates of this type will generally be delivered as version updates available to all buyers. Choosing a supported item (or upgrading to extended support) ensures you’re getting an item that’s backed by the author, and enables our authors to maintain their items in these ways.
Resolving disputes — asking Envato to help
If you and an author can’t come to an agreement about a refund, you can raise a dispute and have Envato investigate the matter. We may ask you to provide supporting documentation or evidence. Any refund issued by Envato is entirely discretionary. We will make a decision based on all available information and you agree that our decision is final.
Neither Envato nor authors are obliged to give policy refunds in any of the situations listed below.
- You don’t want it after you’ve downloaded it
- The item did not meet your expectations or you feel the item is of low quality
- You simply change your mind
- You bought an item by mistake
- You do not have sufficient expertise to use the item
- You claim that you are entitled to a refund but do not provide sufficient information as to why you are entitled to a refund
- You can no longer access the item because it has been removed or the author who previously provided the item is no longer active on our platform (we advise you to download items as soon as you have purchased them to avoid this situation).
Version 1.1 — Effective date: May 2019.
What’s not included in item support
Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio.
Installation of the item
Buyers have varying levels of experience with different software platforms and technologies and getting your item up and running can depend on many variables that are specific to your circumstances. You’ll need to have a working knowledge of the software platforms and technologies for which items are created, so item support does not include help to install the item on your server or on a CMS. If you’re just starting out or skilling up, try a course or tutorial on Envato Tuts+. If you’re after installation services, you can ask the authors if they privately offer paid installation services or you can check out service providers on Envato Studio.
Hosting, server environment, or software
Authors are not required to support issues about your web hosting or server environment, or issues with the software you’ve got installed on your machine to use the item. Please check your ISP/web hosting provider or other software documentation that you’re trying to use to help solve your issues.
If a supported item includes a third party asset (e.g. a plugin or slider), the author of the third party asset is not required to provide support for that asset to buyers of the supported item. Direct your questions about third party assets to the author of the item you purchased.
WordPress e-commerce themes. Which one will you choose?
Remember when we used to think that WordPress was a content management system that only works for blogs, online magazines and news websites? Those days have been gone for a while. WordPress ecommerce solutions have been an established reality for years and years now. The most popular one, WooCommerce, currently powers around 30% of all online stores. Yep, 30%. That’s a lot of online stores.
Clearly, these platforms allow you to save all the time it would take to build everything up from scratch. On top of that, our WordPress ecommerce themes are perfect if you want to save even more time and get a great design for your store. The themes are not only beautifully designed, but also high-performing and fully customizable.
But first things first, let’s get to business with the most important question: which solution is the best for you? Let’s take a closer look at the most popular options.
WooCommerce. As we said, this is hands down the most popular choice. It’s a WordPress plugin, so it’s extremely easy to install (just a couple of clicks). And it’s just an all-round great platform, particularly known for its huge amount of features. You can really do anything you like with it! Especially if you integrate it with some of the many top-quality plugins available. Plus, it’s free and open source.
Cart66. If WooCommerce is all about the crazy amount of things you can do with it, Cart66 is mainly focused on putting products online and selling them. Its key difference from other systems like WooCommerce lies in the way it handles security. The shopping cart and checkout part of your site is hosted in Cart66 Cloud (as it is now called) servers. And this is not trivial! It means that you won’t have to worry about buying things like SSL certificates and gateway services. So while this is not a free solution, keep in mind you’d be saving on the security front.
Jigoshop. Another WordPress e-commerce plugin, Jigoshop is easy to install and has an intuitive interface that you’ll learn how to use pretty quickly. Its set of features is also broad, particularly when it comes to marketing your products. It’s a free platform, but you can switch to a paid membership to get more features-most users find it quite cost-effective.
WP eCommerce. This one was the first original e-commerce plugin for WordPress, so it’s pretty popular in terms of numbers of downloads. It’s a good solution if you’re getting started and don’t have many items to put on sale. The most popular extension for WP eCommerce is Gold Cart, which integrates with 14 different payment gateways.
Finally, here are a few resources from Tuts+ to help you get started:
- Don’t know which e-commerce solution is best for you? Evaluating your Business for a WordPress eCommerce Solution has some good advice to help you out.
- Check out this curated selection of 20 Useful WordPress eCommerce Plugins. You can add all sorts of cool features to your site, from giving users the ability of creating their own product to powerful Customer Relationship Management tools.
- If you’ve just bought a WooCommerce theme and need some help setting it up, How to Install and Set Up a new WordPress WooCommerce Theme is what you need. It includes a few customization tips that are just perfect if you still need to get your head around the platform and its interface.
6. Becoming an author is free: Becoming an author and putting your items up on the Envato Market is free but there is a review process. There are a few things you warrant in exchange for the right to be an author, which are outlined in these Author Terms.
7. Process to become an author: There are easy steps you follow to sign up as an author, which are outlined on the Envato Market Author Sign Up Page guide. In our Author Help Center you’ll find instructions and resources to help you get started along with information about payment, submission requirements and other important information about being an author.
Special deals and promotions
36. Sometimes we might negotiate volume sales or other arrangements with buyers as part of creating business development opportunities for authors (special deals). In order for us to make this possible you give us permission to negotiate special deals. We might also offer pricing promotions to Envato Market buyers. Generally, this will be covered by our setting of prices (see ). In some cases, if pricing promotions involve a change in the author fee or licensing terms, then it is a special promotion and the following sections are relevant.
37. Given the nature of special deals, the prices of your items under the special deal may vary from the advertised item price. This means that your earnings on the sale of your items in a special deal may not always be determined by reference to the advertised price of your item on the Envato Market. Given the nature of special deals and special promotions, the author fee may differ for special deals or special promotions.
38. Before your item is included in a special deal or special promotion, we’ll provide you with information about the special deal or special promotion, item pricing and author fee. You can opt out of participating in a special deal or special promotion if the deal involves a change to the author fee. We will let you know the time frame to opt out, and if you don’t do so, your item will be included in the special deal or special promotion.
39. Special deals and special promotions might also involve you entering supplementary licensing arrangements to allow the buyer to use your item in particular ways. If these supplementary licenses are substantially different from the standard Envato Market licenses, you will also have the opportunity to opt out of participating in the special deal or special promotion within the time frame we set out when we make the offer to you.
You will always have the option of opting out of any special deal or special promotion if it involves a change to the author fee. We decide the other details like pricing.
Good resources to make the most of your WordPress blog
Be it about your travels, your creative recipes, world news, or even the life of your pet hamster-the great thing about having a blog is that you have the chance to talk about anything you like. When people want to create a new blog or magazine, WordPress is often the preferred choice for a number of reasons. Primarily its intuitiveness and simple interface, and the fact that you can get started very quickly. Plus, it’s a powerful content management system with enough tools to handle from the simplest blog to complex news and editorial sites. Need evidence? Here’s a few names of big news websites powered by WordPress: The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Reuters, CNN.
And of course, WordPress is the world’s most popular tool for blogging and managing editorial content for another reason: it’s highly customizable. There are loads of plugins and scripts that you can install to improve your blog, from professional SEO features to social media sharing and comment handling tools. Plus, with WordPress blog themes you can give your online journal or magazine a unique look without spending too much time on designing it. This is particularly useful if you’re opening your blog as a side project, or if you’re too busy, or if your design skills are not quite as amazing as your writing skills!
Let’s take a closer look at a few resources that may help you along the way.
- The 10-part course Build a Profitable Authority Blog gives a great overview of what’s involved not only in creating a good blog, but also in making it successful. Instructor Tom Ewer covers everything from the best WordPress plugins you’ll need to the basics of branding.
- If your blog will be part of your company’s content marketing strategy, you may find the tutorial How to Start a Blog for Your Business quite useful. Among other things, Rachel McCollin talks about the importance of editorial calendars and recommends this free plugin to create one. If you’re looking for something different, check out the tutorial Set up an Editorial Calendar for Your Blog with Asana.
- Yes, we said content marketing! Don’t know much about it? Not to worry. This Tuts+ article What is content marketing? will give you a good idea of what we’re talking about. You can also learn more about how to measure your ROI with Content Marketing Metrics.
- In this Quick Guide to Custom Fields and Post Metadata you’ll learn how to handle metadata and why they are important when it comes to taxonomy and content structure.
- There’s plenty of themes to choose from in our collection, but you can check out a run-through the 20 Best WordPress Magazine Themes and get started even more quickly.
- Last but not least, let’s talk about the actual content! People consume written content on the internet every day, and you probably know it’s not easy to catch users’ attention. The topics you choose for your blog need to be engaging and interesting. That’s a fact. But without good writing-you’re not going anywhere. We recommend the e-book How to Write Great Copy for the Web by Donna Spencer, and remind you that you can hire freelance bloggers and editors on Envato Studio!
40. Relationship between us and you: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us. Neither you nor us can act on behalf of the other in any way. However, you appoint us as your limited agent only for these specific purposes:
- for receiving Buy Now payments from buyers (the buyer’s obligation to pay you for an item will be met when they make a Buy Now payment to us or an Envato Company);
- for passing on your warranties to buyers made in section 22 of the Envato Market Terms;
- for limiting your liability to buyers in sections 50-51 of the Envato Market Terms.
34. In order to facilitate a transaction on Envato Market, we may provide you with relevant buyer information and also may provide buyers with your relevant information (for example for invoicing or item support services). You agree that you will keep buyer information confidential and only use this information for that Envato Market transaction in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
35. If, over and above what Envato provides you with, a member or a model (via a model release) voluntarily provides you with (or your item accesses or uses) usernames, passwords, photo identification or other personal information of the member or model (personal information), you must:
- provide a privacy notice, making the member or model aware of their personal information that you will receive and how you will handle that information;
- obtain the member’s or model’s permission to use their personal information;
- use the personal information only for the limited purposes for which the member or model gave permission; and
- meet any privacy and spam law requirements that apply to you.
Let’s get down to business
It’s a crowded field out there on the internet. If you want your business to stand out, you’ll need a website that’s not only eye-catching, but also designed to display the content and represent your brand in the best way possible, aligned with your goals. So if you want visitors to stay engaged with your site, you’ll need to provide plenty of interactive features for them to use. And if you’re opening an online store, you’ll need a way to build in e-commerce facilities easily and reliably. But here’s the good news: the business WordPress themes in this category can help you achieve all of the above quite easily.
What you’ll find in our collection
The themes in this category are designed for businesses of all sorts: they could be one-person startups, multi-national corporations and anything in between.
What they have in common is that they convey a professional image and offer some common features and page layouts that many businesses need, such as service listings, blogs, image sliders, location maps, team pages, case studies and much more. And of course, because it’s so important for businesses to rank well in search engine results, these themes employ all the best practices for search engine optimization.
The Business WordPress themes collection is divided into several different categories:
- Multipurpose business themes. These themes will work for any type of business in any industry. They offer a wide range of popular features so that you can easily pick and choose the parts that you want and customize the theme for your own needs. They mostly come with different versions for you to choose from, and are fully editable so you can adjust and adapt them to fit your business’ brand identity.
- Marketing themes. If you want a theme designed to maximize marketing opportunities, these themes are for you. There are landing pages, themes designed for lead generation, templates for sites to publicize an event or conference, and a lot more.
- Directories and listings. Do you want to create a directory for your industry? Perhaps you want to list the best websites in a particular category, or create a catalogue of real-life shops and businesses. These themes are designed to let you do that, with plenty of options to make the listings stand out, such as photos, videos, maps, Google Street View images and more.
- Industry-specific themes. While many of our business WordPress themes will work across multiple industries, some are designed for a particular type of business. You can use tags or the search function to find themes for finance companies, architects, construction firms and many more.
How to use your theme
Obviously picking a theme is just the first step. You need to install it on top of your WordPress site and then customize it, add your content, pick a domain name and hosting space. Feels a bit daunting? There are indeed a few things to keep in mind and you need some level of skills in this area to get everything done. Don’t have these skills, or lack some of them, or don’t have enough time to do everything yourself? No worries! There’s a number of ways to get everything done with our resources.
- You can learn the skills. Check out our WordPress courses and tutorials on Envato Tuts+ and learn from the experts.
- Or you can hire a freelancer and not have to deal with any of the above. You can head over to Envato Studio and contact one of the WordPress experts available to get the job done.
С этим читают